FISHING GOLD BEACH / ROGUE RIVER BAY
GOLD BEACH FISHING GUIDE: ROGUE RIVER BAY
Gold Beach & Rogue Bay are probably my favorite place to fish fall chinook on the coast. Gold Beach & Rogue Bay offers some of the largest numbers of fall chinook on the west coast. I fish the bay trolling an anchovy and spinner called the Rogue River Rig. It is a very effective way to fish for fall chinook on the Rogue Bay and Gold Beach can produce large catch numbers. The size of fish can range from 15-50lbs with the largest fish caught in 2002 coming in at 72lbs. Gold Beach & Rogue Bay fall chinook are fresh out of the ocean and are considered fantastic table fair. We will be fishing Gold Beach & Rogue Bay in July, August and September. The weather can be a little chilly in the morning but when the sun hits the bay, shorts and flips flops can certainly be the attire of choice.
Winter and summer steelhead and fall and spring chinook will be fished for out of my 2017 17’ Willie Drift Boat. Fishing in the Bay will be fished out of my 2018 24’ Willie Raptor.
SCHEDULE YOUR TRIP ON THE ROGUE TODAY!
- Boats: Drift boat 2017 17′ X 60″ Willie Drift Boat with a heater, pizza oven, seats with arm rests, with the ability to fish 3 people and a 2018 24′ X 84″ Willie Raptor Jet Sled, plenty of room and has the ability to fish 4-6 people
- Fishing Rods: Steelhead and Salmon we fish G-Loomis IMX rods with either shimano Ci4, Daiwa lexa line counters or abu garcia 5501 level line
- Beckman fishing nets
- Top quality instruction and methods depending on the type of fishery
- Coast guard master 25 ton certification
- CPR certification
- Large group fishing capabilities
- fly fishing options
What to Bring
- Fishing license
- food and drink (ability to cook in the drift boat)
- Warm clothes and rain gear depending on weather (be sure to check weather forecast)
- Alcohol is permitted with responsible consumption
What it Costs
7:00AM-11:00AM or 12:00PM-4:00PM
$175 per Person
with $75 Deposit
$225 Per person
With $125 deposit